Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Dr. Fernando Guirao: he is Jean Monnet Professor of European Integration History since 1995 at the Department of Economics and Business, UPF, Barcelona, and member of the EU Liaison Committee of Historians and the Editorial Board of the Journal of European Integration History since 1996. Ph.D. in History and Civilization by the European University Institute, Florence (1993).
- (with Frances M.B. Lynch) (eds.), Alan S. Milward and a Contemporary European History: Collected Academic Reviews, London [Routledge] 2015;
- (with Frances M.B. Lynch and Sigfrido Ramírez) (eds.), Alan S. Milward and a Century of European Change, London [Routledge] 2012;
- (with Mario del Pero, Victor Gavín and Antonio Varsori), Democrazie. L’Europa meridionale e la fine delle dittature, Milan [Mondadori Education] 2010.
- - Spain and the Reconstruction of Western Europe, 1945-57. Challenge and Response, London and New York [Macmillan/St. Martin’s Press] 1998.
On-going research activities:
- Leader of the projects “Teaching ‘Europe’ to enhance EU cohesion: European integration as a subject of study in secondary school education in the 28 member States”, Erasmus+ project (September 2014 to August 2016) (€60 000);
- “Economia Aplicada i Història Econòmica” (January 2014 to December 2016)
- “History matters! Learning from the past in times of crisis”, Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (September 2013 to August 2016) (€ 66 132).